"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, January 24, 2010

God Shines

Joey and I started our time by going to visit Janie Beth. It was a cloudy day yesterday and extremely windy (bringing in the storms that we are having this morning, I gather). We were there for a little while and then were hugging before we left. You know what God did!?! The sun shone right down on us through the clouds!!!!! The rays hit the side of my cheek, and I turned my head to see. The Son was shining on me!!! It was only on us! It happened again right before we left but larger this time. It warmed my heart so much! Even through these awful clouds, God is shining down on us. His hand is on me just as the sun's ray was on my cheek, so tender but lifts my head! God's hand gently caresses my cheek and lifts it up when it gets too low. How amazing!! He cares for me so much. He truly is my Abba Father. Just so you know, the sun didn't shine on us again for the rest of the day, but the Son sure did!! It was such a blessed time to be together, and I could feel the presence of God with us.

We are changing up our Sunday routine beginning today. Joey and I are going to find a couples Sunday School class and start going to the later service at church. We are very excited to go to class together!!! This doesn't change Katie Jo or Eli's schedule, but Josiah will change Sunday school classes as well since he goes to big church with us. KJ goes to children's church right now. This is part of our new normal. This is a change God wanted to make in our lives and it took Janie Beth to do it. Yet another blessing of Janie Beth. Isn't she great! :) God is changing our family, and I am thankful! He is Awesome!!

I pray that you all experience God's presence in worship this morning! Let Him shine on you and caress your cheek ever so tenderly. It feels really good, and warm too!

Thank You Abba for meeting with me yesterday! Thank You for the freedom to worship you in church today! Thank You for changing our routine and bringing a new normal. Give my baby girl a squeeze for me! I love her! Thank You for the privilege of loving her! Thank You for loving me so much!! May I bring glory and honor to You today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience! The sun (Son) actually shining down on you through the clouds! Amazing! I love you girl. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie. You rock, but your God really rocks!! Isn't He good to give us exactly what we need when we need it. : ) I know what you meant earlier about wanting to break into a thousand pieces. After my mother died, I felt that way many times. What I really wanted was to despair, to completely lose responsibility for my words and actions and fall completely into self-pity. I wanted it bad too. But every time I tried my Rock reminded me that I couldn't do that. I stood on a firm foundation. He wasn't going to let me fall any farther, and the One who holds the universe together wasn't going to let me fly into a thousand pieces either. I have to admit that I jumped up and down on that Rock a few times, but He just calmly reminded me that He was there, and He wasn't going anywhere. He patiently listened to all of my questions, concerns and yes, whining. Then He would often give me a swift kick in the rear to remind me of the things He had already taught me. He knew when I needed to be held and when I needed to be disciplined. I am so thankful that He did both. You know that your Father loves you, and I can testify to that fact as well. Isn't He so good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad and thankful that you are having more of these moments, Michelle. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome way of encouraging you by God!!!!! "D"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through a link on Melody Stroud's blog. What an inspiration you are for all who read!! You are still praising God through tragedy. Many would be angry at God for their loss. Instead, your family has become like Job. Praise God and thank Him for the good and the fact that He walks with us through the bad. What a blessing! May God continue to shine on you and your family. You are touching the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete