"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kathryn JoAnn Karr

The first smile we caught on camera.

Katie Jo is 5 years old today!!!! I can't believe it. We watched her birthday video yesterday. I am ashamed to say that I thought more of Janie Beth as I watched than Katie Jo. It reminded me of all that Janie Beth didn't do, so I have to work hard to pull my mind back to what she did do!

Katie Jo's birth was very similar to Josiah's. I went into the hospital the day before with contractions and was 4 cm dilated, but they sent me home because I wasn't dilating anymore. The next day I continued to contract and finally, after much debating and frustration for Joey and my mom because I couldn't make up my mind :), we went back to the hospital. This time they decided to go ahead and break my water since I was still contracting. (God gave me a mega thick bag of water with all my children, and I believe it is because He knew Janie Beth would need one!) After 4 hours it was time to push. She had me do a practice push and quickly told me to stop. Then, they had to get after me for laughing because it was pushing her out. The doc made it in and I pushed 2-3 times and she was out.

Katie Jo was 5 lb 14 oz and 19.5 in. She was tiny! People had to go out and buy her premie clothes. :) She couldn't wear what I had brought with me to the hospital. A friend bought the sleeper and bonnet. It came with a blanket that looks like a rag now because it is one of her "nigh-nights" (blankies). She had a head full of hair.

Kathryn JoAnn is a miracle of God. When she was born, her cord barely had any blood in it! She was born 4 weeks early, but my doctor's office had me at 37 wks. If they had had my due date right, then they would have stopped my labor or sent me home. I am thankful for the way that God works all things!! The doctor said that he had never seen anything like that before. The following year we would find out that I have a blood clotting disorder, and who knows if that might have been the cause. Only God knows exactly what was going on.

Katie Jo never meets a stranger unless she is in one of her moods. She is assertive (bossy :)). She is compassionate and caring. She also has a temper. She is a little mother waiting to happen. She still talks about Janie Beth and blows her hugs and kisses. She takes care of her Janie Beth panda like she would have Janie Beth. She is a special, precious little girl!!!!!! I am so thankful that God has loaned her to me and thought me worth enough to be her mother.

Please continue to pray for me today. This is a bittersweet day, as many are right now. Please pray for the peace of God in my life, and that He would mold me into the woman, wife, and mother He wants me to be. I have seen a glimpse of myself through God's eyes, and it isn't pretty. Thank You Lord for only showing me a glimpse. Please cleanse me from all unrighteousness! I love You, Abba!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Katie Jo!! You are a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katie Jo! We have been SO blessed to get to know you and count you as a friend! Holding you up in prayer today Michelle!

    ReplyDelete