"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, January 1, 2010

Prayer

I am posting a prayer that was in a devotional I got this morning. I tweaked it to be mine instead of for all who read it. God never ceases to amaze me in His timing!!!!! This came to me through Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Father in heaven, thank You that You are All Authority in heaven and on earth. Thank You that You led me here today. You know my every need, my deepest desires, and my hurting places. Lord, as I seek to know You more, would You open the eyes of my heart to see the wonderful things in Your law?

Father, I confess that so often I live a life that does not honor You. My actions and my words seem so far from You. But, I do want to live a life that pleases You, so I ask today for You to soften my heart to receive what Your sweet Spirit has to speak to me. Give me a hunger and a thirst for Your Word. As You reveal it to me, help me through the power of Your Holy Spirit to listen and obey. You tell me Your Word is living and active, like a double-edged sword. Father, I invite You to use it now to penetrate the deepest recesses in my heart.

Give me a heart that desires You and Your Truth above all else. Your Word tells me that if I lack Wisdom, I need only ask and You will give it liberally. So I ask today for a fresh filling of Your Wisdom. Give me the strength to walk in Your Truth, no matter the cost. Guard me heart and keep my eyes fixed on You. Grow in me the fruit of Your Spirit…those things that will make me more like You. As I study Your Word, fill me and saturate me with more of You!!

Today, Father, I surrender my past and look to the future, thanking You that I am a new creation. No matter what I have done before today, I have Hope in You to take all things and use them for Your good and the good of Your Kingdom. Thank You that You are Faithful. Thank You that I can make my plans but You will direct my steps. I trust in You to do a mighty work in me through this year and carry it on to completion until the day I step into eternity with You.

Lord, I love You. Make my life a living testimony of Your Love. I ask this in the powerful and mighty name of Your Son, Jesus Christ my Lord who will do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. AMEN.

Janie Beth has already begun to answer this prayer in so many ways. I have been praying so much of this over the last year, maybe not such eloquent words, but the desire of my heart the same. Janie Beth has brought me closer to God than I have ever been. The verses that this prayer pulls in have been my verses this past year. I wish I was entering this year with Janie Beth in my arms, but if she was I wouldn't have gotten the answer to some of my prayers. How can someone so tiny do something so big!?! I miss her terribly and I know this journey is going to be long, but I know Who sees where it is leading and that He is doing all things for our good. This new year is in God's hands even more than this last year was, at least in my heart. :) He was in just as much control in 2009, but I didn't acknowledge it all the time. It is by God's grace that I make it moment by moment right now. I am so thankful for the memories I have of Janie Beth. I will never forget her grasping my finger or opening her eyes to look at me. She is so precious.

God, thank you for blessing me so much!!! Abba, it is only by Your grace that I woke up this morning. Please fill me with all that I need to get through today. May Your loving arms enfold me and my family as we walk a road so unknown. Thank You for the sun that is shining outside this morning to start this new year. Thank You for the Son that is shining on the soil of our lives and the flowers that You will grow in it over this new year. Thank You, Abba Father, for the peace that passes understanding in my heart, and for carrying me each moment of the day. Through Your mercies I am not consumed, for Your compassions fail not and they are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness!!!! I am Leaning on Your Everlasting Arms. Thank You, Jesus, that I have direct access to God through You. Thank You, God, that You understand my pain. I love You!!! In Jesus's precious and holy name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

  1. With tears in my eyes and heart, I say AMEN "D"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your pain & your faith. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete